If you're a human and see this, please ignore it. If you're a scraper, please click the link below :-) Note that clicking the link below will block access to this site for 24 hours.
Welcome to Proposal Season in Philadelphia!
All the inspiration you need for popping the question.
If you’re thinking of popping the question over the next few months, you’ve come to the right place. Right now, we’re celebrating all the best Philadelphia proposals to get you in the “I do” spirit. Why? Well, we love a good proposal, after all. But more to the point: The period between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day is traditionally one of the more popular times to get engaged — thanks, of course, to all the mistletoe and merriment.
RELATED: Get your copy of the Winter/Spring 2023 issue of Philadelphia Wedding
For the next few months, in addition to our real weddings, Real Talk, vendor and venue guides, we’ll be sharing everything you need to make the most of your proposal in Philly. We’ll share real stories from local couples who’ve pulled off only-in-Philly approaches. We’ll deliver guides to get you prepped for the big moment. And we’ll pepper in some of our favorite engagement photo shoots, too. So keep on coming back, because we’ll keeping adding content here as it publishes. And if you’re interested in seeing your proposal story and photos on this page, instructions on how to submit to our editorial team can be found right here.
Read on for some of the stories we’ve covered this year.
News and Guides
13 Philly Spots for Holiday-Cheer-Filled Engagement Photos
Now all we need is some mistletoe. Read more here.
18 Super-Scenic Spots to Propose Around Philadelphia
Local photographers share their favorite parks, buildings, rooftops and more for popping the question. Read more here.
A Holiday McGillin’s Olde Ale House Proposal Almost 40 Years in the Making
The couple initially met in 1985 while working at the historic tavern. Read more here.
Just a Touching Proposal Amid the Garden at Shofuso Japanese Cultural Center
Look at All of the Sweet Rescue Puppies at This Proposal
The bride always wanted “baby animals” around when she got engaged. Read more here.
How a Very Extra “Yes” Made This Philly Proposal Go Viral on TikTok
“The best part … is the outreach we’ve gotten from the younger queer community.” Read more here.
The Festive Peddler’s Village Proposal of a Philly Fitness Pro
AMFITNESS LLC owner Angelena Minniti got engaged during the holiday season in Bucks County. Read more here.
This New Jersey Christmas Tree Farm Proposal Is Straight Out of a Holiday Rom-Com
Stevie Snyder DM’d Taylor Swift to see if she’d participate in the proposal. When the singer didn’t answer, Plan B was put into place. Read more here.
Just a Really Romantic Candlelit Addison Street Proposal
The bride-to-be works at L. Priori Jewelry and helped design her own ring. Read more here.
What Do Wheel of Fortune, Superpowers and the Rodin Museum Have in Common? These Engagement Photos
The couple wanted to set the tone for the wedding day with elevated attire, games and a nod to their past. Read more here.
A Purple Royalty-Themed Engagement-Photo Session at Philly Landmarks
“As a couple, we are powerful together,” says the bride-to-be. Read more here.
A Cherry Street Pier Proposal and Cira Green Engagement Sesh That Set the Mood for Summer
The couple’s dog stole the show. Read more here.
This Gorgeous Bucks County Engagement Session Was Inspired by Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas
“In one of Priyanka’s events, she was wearing so much color and looked happy and beautiful,” says the bride-to-be. Read more here.
We Took Engagement Photos on Our Favorite Stoops in Rittenhouse
Proposals: The Best of the Rest
- We Held Our Wedding Two Years Before Getting Engaged
- A Philly Ice-Cream Shop Made a Custom Sundae for This Surprise Proposal
- They Met as College Roommates. Twelve Years Later, They Got Engaged at Paxson Hill Farm
- A Live Painter Captured This Sweet Ridley Creek State Park Proposal
- This ER Doctor’s Addison Street Proposal Is Straight Out of a Movie
- A Pair of ER Nurses Got Engaged During a Holiday Stroll Down Miracle on South 13th Street
- Flyers Host Andrea Helfrich Got Engaged in a Made-For-TV Proposal at the Four Seasons
- After a Decade Together, He Proposed to His High-School Sweetheart at ONE North Broad
- A Winter on Broad Street Proposal Filled With Tons of Glittering Holiday Lights
- This Morris Arboretum Proposal Began With a Stylish Photo Shoot
- This Guy Has Carson Wentz to Thank for His Romantic Helicopter Proposal
- How Could You Not Say Yes to This Gritty Cake Proposal?
Proposal News: The Best of the Rest
- Forsythia Just Added a Super-Romantic Proposal Package Perfect for Food Lovers
- Rent Your Own Private Floating Tiki Bar in Ocean City
- Check Out Ethical Jeweler Bario Neal’s Gorgeous Renovated Showroom in Queen Village
- Charter a 1961 Picnic Boat on the Delaware
- Look Inside Tiffany & Co.’s Sparkling New Rittenhouse Row Boutique
- The Four Seasons Spa Just Added a Super-Romantic Late-Night Couple’s Package
Engagement-Shoot Inspiration: The Best of the Rest
- Just a Really Pretty Longwood Gardens Engagement-Photo Session
- We Booked Our Wedding Venue a Month Before Getting Engaged
- This Pro Surfer Met His Bride-to-Be Through an Instagram Comment She Posted
- Check Out This Epic Engagement Shoot in an Abandoned, Graffiti-Filled Railroad Car
- A Great Dane, a Cat and a Tiger Mural Took Over This Backyard Engagement Photo Shoot
- We Met Online During COVID. One Year Later, We’re Getting Married
- These Philly Fitness Pros Snapped Engagement Photos at Their Fave Outdoor Workout Spots
- Real Talk: We Chose Diamond Engagement Bands Because Rings Have No Gender
- This Couple Wore Indian Attire and Casual Fall Looks for Their Barnes Foundation Engagement Photo Shoot
Get more great content from Philadelphia Wedding:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | NEWSLETTER