Careers at Philadelphia Magazine
Associate Art Director, Creative Services
Philadelphia and Boston magazines
The Associate Art Director is a Philadelphia based position supporting Philadelphia and Boston magazines, reporting to the Creative Director of Creative Services. This person will play an integral role in the conceptual development of brand projects across print, digital and experiential. The Creative Services team is responsible for maintaining the Philadelphia and Boston magazine brands as well as coming up with unique and engaging solutions for clients. This is a unique role that combines agency style work with brand work through the lens of a modern media company.
We are looking for someone who is incredibly brand orientated who can bring a new perspective to the table and help us take our identities to the next level. This person will be responsible for projects ranging from, but not limited to event collateral and promotion, sales and marketing materials and client projects. This role will also help to support City/Studio, an in-house creative and custom content studio and the newest addition to the Philly Mag/ Boston Mag family.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with the Marketing Departments to execute pieces for events, client projects and promotional campaigns. Items include but are not limited to:
- Event branding design and strategy
- Philly Mag and Boston Mag branding design and strategy
- Event and marketing promotional ads
- Event collateral
- Direct mail pieces
- High-level mock-ups for larger sales and City/Studio proposals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction, work independently and adhere to quick-turn around deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA Required
- 2-4 years of professional design experience
- Skills/Qualifications: Expert in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and general digital design is a plus.
- Familiar with print magazine design work, deadlines and process as well as marketing and branding experience
- Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Team Mentality, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Collaborative and can adapt to client and senior management direction
Email resume, portfolio and salary requirements to Brandon McArdle at email@example.com.
Upon applying please provide a pdf or link to your portfolio as well as provide salary requirements. Applications will not be considered without portfolio AND salary requirements. Metrocorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Philadelphia magazine, an award-winning monthly, is seeking a full-time research editor. Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with writers to collect source material and notes for the fact-checking process
- Fact-checking articles thoroughly to verify their accuracy and ensure their fairness, with an eye toward potential legal issues
- Working with writers, editors, and attorneys to make necessary changes to articles
- Researching through news searches, public record searches, and phone calls
There are also occasional opportunities to write for print and digital. Must thrive under deadline pressure and be extremely detail-oriented. Two years of previous research and/or media experience required. This is a salaried position that includes benefits and is located in our Center City office.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Health and Wellness Editor
Philadelphia magazine — one of America’s most vibrant and most-honored city magazines — is seeking a dynamic writer/editor to lead our Be Well Philly brand.
Responsibilities include creating daily online and social media content, being the face of Be Well at events, and producing an annual wellness publication. In addition to strong writing chops, the ideal candidate has a passion for wellness and fitness, a pulse on what’s happening in Philly, and the ability to cultivate a community.
Send a sharp cover letter that shows off your writing ability, a résumé, and a link portfolio to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Account Coordinator is an energetic, dedicated team player that is able to provide a wide range of support for multiple Account Executives.
Account Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in all aspects of the order process (new orders, revisions, collecting materials)
- Preparing Account Executives for client meetings
- Assemble digital media grids
- Create and send go live documents for digital ads
- Create recaps at the end of all digital campaigns (print, digital, & experiential)
- Client relationship management/Client services management
- Coordinate with the AE’s to ensure all new and renewal clients are added to our lists, Insightly and are receiving all follow up information and material needed once the contract is signed.
- Assisting in proposal writing and RFPs
- Collecting all advertisements for Philadelphia and ancillary publications
- Collecting and working as the liaison for all digital items for phillymag.com
- Administrative needs and thorough follow-up
- Preparing media kits and creating client recaps
- Fact checking advertisements
- Executing mailings
- Manage contact database – Insightly
- Assist Marketing department with event execution
Reports to the Client Services Director
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA degree required.
- Very strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written skills and knowledge of grammar and style.
- Exceptional time-management, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Team player.
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and pay close attention to detail.
Please send a résumé to Becky Festa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Employment Opportunities
For more information about current full-time employment opportunities or to send a résumé, please contact Alexandra Nodiff at email@example.com. Metrocorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.