I-676 Will Close at Night This Week (Yet Again)
You’ll want to avoid I-676 at night this week – the road will close yet again for construction (just as it did last week).
Between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. tonight through Thursday, both directions of I-676 will shut down between the I-76 and Broad Street interchanges. The closures are (once again) due to the ongoing $64.8 million overhead bridge construction project – which, by the way, is on track to finish in late 2018, a year ahead of schedule.
This week, crews will work on the 22nd Street bridge and the 18th Street bridge, the last of seven bridges to undergo construction as part of the project.
The following detours will be in place this week, per PennDOT:
For eastbound traffic:
- From I-76 east: Exit at 30th Street/Market Street (Exit 345); right at Arch Street; left at 30th Street; left at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east;
- From I-76 west: Exit at 30th Street (Exit 345); take Schuylkill Avenue to Market Street; right at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east; and
- Traveling east on Benjamin Franklin Parkway intending to use the 24th Street on-ramp: Follow Benjamin Franklin Parkway around Logan Circle and bear right onto Vine Street east; follow Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east.
For westbound traffic:
- To I-76 East and West: Exit I-676 west at Broad Street (Route 611) Interchange; take 15th Street south; right on J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue and follow signs to I-76 east and I-76 west;
- From 16th Street north of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; right at Spring Garden Street; right at 15th Street; right at J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west; and
- From 16th Street south of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; left at J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west.
Follow @ClaireSasko on Twitter.