I-676 Construction Closures Begin Monday Night
Starting Monday night, a portion of I-676 in Center City will close from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for construction.
The closure, which will affect both directions between the I-76 and Broad Street interchanges, will be in effect each night through Thursday as well as Monday and Tuesday of next week.
The construction is part of a four-year, $64.8 million effort by PennDOT to replace several structurally deficient bridges in the city. This week, workers will remove the bridges that span the highway at 21st and 22nd streets.
The following detours will be in place for I-676 East, per PennDOT:
• From I-76 east: Exit at 30th Street/Market Street (Exit 345); right at Arch Street; left at 30th Street; left at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east;
• From I-76 west: Exit at 30th Street (Exit 345); take Schuylkill Avenue to Market Street; right at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east; and
• Traveling east on Benjamin Franklin Parkway intending to use the 24th Street on-ramp: Follow Benjamin Franklin Parkway around Logan Circle and bear right onto Vine Street east; follow Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east.
For I-676 West:
• To I-76 East and West: Exit I-676 west at Broad Street (Route 611) Interchange; take 15th Street south; right on J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue and follow signs to I-76 east and I-76 west;
• From 16th Street north of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; right at Spring Garden Street; right at 15th Street; right at J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west; and
• From 16th Street south of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; left at J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west.
Additional detours and information are available on PennDOT’s website.
Follow @ClaireSasko on Twitter.