WEEKEND ROUNDUP: All Hail Cleo Phatra, See Azealia Banks For Free at Voyeur and More
WEEKEND HIGHLIGHT: I can name at least five reasons why I adore Cleo Phatra: (1) Her name makes me giggle. (2) This wig. (3) Her costumes are amazing. (4) Ursula! And (5) That girl can SANG! Get a mellifluous earful for yourself when she joins a score of other local live-singing queens for Saturday’s Eat It! A Cabaret. She says this go-round of the now-recurring show will be all rock ‘n’ roll (think Blondie, Bowie, Buch Cherry, Pink) and she’ll preview a new single she’s recording this fall. Also on the performance roster is Bev, Stella D’Oro, Serena Starr (aka Cory Wade Hindorff from America’s Next Top Model), Bootsie LeFaris, Jonathan Hernandez, J. Carson and G Philly‘s very own singing diva, Tammy Faymous. Sat., July 27, 9 p.m., $8, Underground Arts, 1200 Callowhill St.
- Browse “Absolutely Abstract” works of art at The Philadelphia Sketch Club
- It’s heroes versus villains tonight at NSFW
- Catch a drag show at Venture Inn
- Azealia Banks will dazzle in Voyeur’s Starlight Ballroom
- In Rehomo this weekend? Local events producer Josh Schonewolf is throwing a Ratchet party there
- It’s a mad decent weekend for Mad Decent Block Party 2013
- Looking for a little culture: Poets Joseph Ross and Dan Vera are reading today at Giovanni’s Room
- “Absolutely Abstract” continues at The Philadelphia Sketch Club
- Slow your roll: ScrewSmart is hosting Molasses: A Summer SlowDance
- The ladies of Awakenings Pole Dance Fitness will be working the only poles you’ll find at Sisters
- Attention all-nighters: DJ Eddie Elias is spinning at Voyeur till 6 a.m.
- Head South, young gays, to the 8th-annual East Passyunk Car Show and Street Festival
- Or set sail on The Big Gay Boat Party
- Feeling especially shimmy-tastic today? Audition to join the Liberty City Drag and Burlesque troupe
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to [email protected].