Property’s Photo of the Week: Dog Days at Devil’s Pool
With the dog days of summer soon to run off into the sunset, we thought it fitting to feature one of Philadelphia’s best open secrets of the season: Devil’s Pool.
Being that it’s located along the Wissahickon Creek, we must say, it’s one of Philly best kept open secrets because even we didn’t know about it. It’s eternal lure, however, is well-known among those who have dipped into its murky waters on scorching days.
Recently, there were murmurings of its potential closure, with police divers, the Department of Parks and Recreation, and members of Friends of the Wissahickon proposing it be filled in with rocks. The measure would be in response to the sometimes fatal plunges visitors take from atop nearby high-points. Naturally, the idea was derided by some (of course) and, thus far, the city hasn’t voiced any intention of going along with such a plan.
Do you know of any other cool hidden spots in the city? Let us know in the comments!
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!