Here Are the Stats You Need to Know From WeddingWire’s 2015 Newlywed Report
Each year, the team over at WeddingWire conducts their annual Newlywed Survey in which they poll couples married between January 1st and December 31st about all kinds of things related to planning and paying for their weddings—the info is then compiled into a pretty digital booklet that breaks down all of the wedding stats and trends for that year.
Just today the 2015 report arrived in our inboxes and it’s filled with lots of fun and interesting data. There’s even a few Philly facts in there: Our dear city is listed among the most expensive markets to get married in, and, on average, Philly couples spend $34,982 on their celebrations.
Here’s a few national averages we thought you’d like to know:
- Money spent on an engagement ring: $4,758
- Length of engagement: 13 months
- Time spent planning the wedding: 2 hours per day
- Number of wedding guests: 120
- Number of vendors hired: 10-13
- Ceremony and reception cost: $28,958
- Money spent on a honeymoon: $3,882
Want to see how your Big Day stacks up? See all of the stats for yourself here.
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.