Should You Run the Schuylkill Trail This Weekend? Snow Warnings Linger
You may have looked at the sun-filled weekend weather forecast and already dreamt about your glorious long run on the Schuylkill River Trail (rocking out to our long-run playlist, of course), but note: There are a few sections of the trail that are still closed due to all the snow we’ve had this winter, with some unplowed, shaded areas potentially posing some issues.
The Schuylkill River Heritage Trail posted an update on its blog this morning, outlining which sections of the trail you’ll need to avoid. Most notable:
• The Chester County section of the trail receives no winter maintenance, so you’ll likely run into snow/ice conditions there.
• The Montgomery County section remains officially closed. Snow and ice conditions are likely, and there could be trees down in that area.
• Conditions vary on the Philadelphia sections (Kelly Drive, Schuylkill Banks, Greys Ferry Crescent, Manayunk) as some areas receive plowing and some don’t.
Get the full rundown over here.
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly—here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter