Main Line Monday: Gargantuan Gladwyne Estate Going for $4.6 Million
Let’s take a trip out to Gladwyne for a moment to check in on an impressive estate chock full of amenities, columns and space. Gladwyne, as you know, is a familiar location for the Main Line Monday feature, as secluded hideaways and houses-with-names often fill our minds with wonder.
While it doesn’t have a name (that we know of, but you could name it!), the home at 1500 Spring Mill Road is everything you’d expected in a big time listing on the Main Line. Behind the front gate is a 1.8-acre property that holds a massive home (over 15,000-square-feet!) that boasts a grand two-story entryway filled with arches, columns, shimmering floors and fine Venetian plaster walls.
Not impressed? Turn the corner and check out to two-story limestone fireplace (and wrought-iron balcony) in the great room, it’s like taking respite in the lobby of a grand hotel.
Other can’t miss features include:
- Gourmet kitchen with hexagonal breakfast room
- Multiple outdoor rooms, including a gigantic stone terrace overlooking the grounds
- Wood burning fireplace in the family room
- Media/screening room
- Indoor pool with hand painted fresco walls, full party kitchen and massage room
- Outdoor pool with stone balustrade and brick walking bridge
Oh, and we haven’t even mentioned that there is a three-level master suite, which listing states is “links the library, gym, master suite and bath to a third floor closet/dressing room.” Honestly, we’d be cool with just that step up stone bath.
You’re not going to want to miss this gallery.
THE FINE PRINT
Square Feet: 15,317
Additional Info: You pay a hefty price for this kind of luxury. Taxes in 2015 were $95,787.
- 1500 Spring Mill Rd,Gladwyne, PA 19035 [BHHS Fox/Roach-Bryn Mawr]