Morning Headlines: Roy Halladay’s Former Newtown Square Home Has Been Sold
It appears the pictured swimming will be put to use this summer, just not by Roy Halladay. The Philadelphia Business Journal reports Halladay’s former Newtown Square home, a five-bedroom with an outdoor kitchen, pool, and pool house, has been bought for $1.96 million, well over the original $1.95 million it was listed for last December (that link leads to a gallery of the home, fyi).
Halladay and his wife have a permanent residence in Odessa, Florida, adds the Inquirer’s Lauren Mennen. Meanwhile in the city, Jonathan Papelbon still has his $6.9 million Rittenhouse condo on the market. Any takers?
• Roy Halladay sells Newtown Square home for $1.96M [Business Journal]
• Roy Halladay’s Newtown Square home sells for $1.96M [Inquirer]
Other can’t-miss news stories…
- Frankford CDC to hold first election [Northeast Times]
- For New Yorkers, Phila. area is a real bargain [Inquirer]
- The four phases of New Urbanism [Better Cities & Towns]
- Police: Hundreds of feet of fencing stolen from East Wynnewood demolition site [Main Line Times]
- Wrecking ball begins to swing at Montgomery Hospital in Norristown [Times Herald]
And don’t forget!
- Tom Scannapieco’s 500 Walnut tower finally breaks ground today!
- If you’re nearby, be sure to snap a pic of the action and tag @phillymag (whether on Instagram or Twitter) and/or hashtag it with #phillyscape. We’ll be choosing a picture today for Property’s “Photo of the Week” tomorrow!
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home