It’s Real Talk Week at Philadelphia Wedding
Ever wonder how the pros behind Philly's most stylish weddings handled getting hitched themselves? We did, too — so we asked.
Ever wonder how the people behind our city’s most stylish weddings handled getting hitched themselves? Yeah, us too. Which is exactly why we asked! Welcome to “Real Talk” week — technically two weeks — here at Philadelphia Wedding, where we’ll be sharing first-person stories from Philly wedding professionals about their very own wedding days.
How does the owner of a bridal salon go about picking out her gown? What does a wedding budget look like for someone who deals with other people’s budgets for a living? When in the timeline does a wedding photographer plan for her own portraits? (Hint: it’s a LOT earlier than you’d think.)
From March 11 through March 22, local wedding pros who recently took the plunge will reflect on their own wedding days, sharing the unique approaches and insights to wedding planning you can only glean from years in the industry. Be sure to follow along with us on Instagram, too — we’ll be taking your questions and, in the spirit of Real Talk week, cutting through the B.S. to give you honest answers.
Want to keep track of all of Philadelphia Wedding’s Real Talk Week content? Be sure to bookmark this page, because we’ll collect all of the stories below.
• I’m a Wedding Planner. Here’s How I Actually Budgeted and Paid for My Own Wedding
• I’m Getting the Wedding of My Dreams By Going Super-Small
• I Own A Bridal Salon. Here’s How I Picked Out My Wedding Dress
• I’m a Wedding Photographer. This is Why I Did Portraits The Day Before My Wedding
• After 18 Years of Planning Weddings, I Designed Mine to Feel Like a Party at Home
• We Chose a Destination Wedding Because It Was Cheaper Than a Philly One
• I’m a Wedding Planner. My Biggest Regret Is Not Hiring One for My Own Wedding
• 8 Random But Useful Wedding Planning Secrets from Philly Wedding Pros
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.