Everything We Know About Carson Wentz’s Fiancée (So Far)
Philly, meet Maddie Oberg.
Major Philly Wedding News Alert! Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz capped off winning the Super Bowl by winning something even more major: the heart of girlfriend Maddie Oberg. He shared the proposal on social media yesterday, a mere two days after the Eagles bested Tom Brady’s Patriots in Super Bowl LII, and we here at PW are extremely amped for the happy couple. We’re also extremely curious—just who exactly is the happy blonde who has stolen our prince’s heart? Maddie Oberg keeps a low social profile, but here’s what we know so far.
1. Word on the street is that she’s 21 and she studied (or studies) elementary education at Missouri Southern State University, though another report suggests she first studied at Ozark Christian University.
2. If we’re understanding this Instagram post correctly, she used to work at a bridal boutique. Meant to Be Boutique, a Kentucky bridal salon, posted on Instagram congratulating one of their “former MTB gals” on her engagement. So maybe she used to work there? This report identifies her hometown as Lexington, Kentucky.
3. Some think she looks pretty similar to Wentz’s high school girlfriend, whom he was still dating when he entered the NFL in 2016.
4. She’s already proven to be a supportive partner by standing by Wentz during his ACL repair surgery. Maddie made her Instagram debut on Wentz’s feed in this December 13th Instagram post where he thanks her for her support.
5. According to Wentz’s Christmas Eve Instagram post, she’s down to make anything a competition, including cookie decorating. Here’s to hoping she can match the Super Bowl star’s competitive nature!
6. A commenter on Wentz’s engagement announcement on Instagram identified the location of the engagement as being the “Kentucky Castle,” which after a quick Google search, brought us to a castle in Versailles, Kentucky — dubbed , wouldn’t you know, The Kentucky Castle —just near Lexington, Oberg’s reported hometown. The Castle congratulated the couple in a Facebook post.
7. There are some reports that trace the couple’s link-up to their mission work. Maddie has been confirmed to be heavily involved with Mission of Hope: Haiti, an organization that Wentz’s AO1 Foundation granted funds to in September. The couple supposedly took a mission trip to Haiti together in May 2017.
8. It looks like she’s already fitting in well with the family, from what we can tell from this Instagram Wentz posted on Thanksgiving. And that’s half the battle, right?
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.