Now open at the Leeway Foundation, art exhibit “RELEASE,” featuring paintings by Mary DeWitt, explores the intersection of gender justice and mass incarceration. It was created to “provide shared spaces for women, transgender, and gender non-conforming survivors of the prison industrial complex, as well as local artists, cultural producers, and activists to critically reflect and build power for change.” It’s on view through July 26th.
- Head to Voyeur for the East Coast All-American Goddess and East Coast All-American Goddess At-Large 2015 Pageant.
- For a pageant that’s a little less, um, pageant queen-y, hit up Miss Venture Inn 2015.
- For the latest installment of their new monthly screening series at Tavern, qFLIX will screen the poignant Last Summer.
- Sleepover. The Party. is having their monthly party, and this time the theme is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The late night talk show-styled “Two Late With Rob and Joe” will feature an appearance by out sexuality educator Dr. Timaree. Buy your tickets here.
- Don’t miss the buzz around the emotionally-gripping production of The Whale at Theatre Exile.
There’s a West Philly house party to raise funds for out City Council At-Large candidate Sherrie Cohen.
- It’s part boxing match, part dance performance: Fringe Arts presents Rocco, which incorporates a cast of male “dancer-fighters” that are sure to wow audiences with their close combat choreography.
- Martha Graham Cracker will make her debut in the new upstairs lounge at Franky Bradley’s, the restaurant lounge that use to house lesbian bar Sisters.
- DJ Nolita Selector and guest DJ Sugur Shane return for their monthly dance party/fundraiser, Crystal Queer.
- How do you add more fun to your night? Alcohol, duh. Comedy troupe Bye Bye Liver is hosting their first-ever Gay Night—with an opener by local out comedian Alejandro Morales.
- In response to the violence that’s been happening in the Gayborhood recently, Qventures has enlisted Aikido champ Eric Manas for a good ol’ fashioned self-defense class.
- Bev is pulling out the big wigs for the February edition of her Bitchfest!
- Pissi Myles unveils her newest show, “What Makes Me Pissi,” a variety night where she invites some of the area’s most talented performers. This time around, it’s Mistor Fahrenheit, Eric Jaffe and New York City’s Brita Filter.
- G Philly is hosting its fifth annual LGBT Party at the Flower Show. Come on by to say hello, grab some cocktails and explore this year’s Flower Show display with the gays.
- Martha’s heading to her monthly home stage at L’Etage for a special end-of-the-week performance with Johnny Showcase and Rumi Kitchen.
- You read this correctly, Margaret Cho is coming to Philly! Come see her comedy show in person and laugh while she talks about her mother, race, and sexuality.