Target Now Offering Curbside Pickup in Philly
Love Target but hate the lines, the long walks through the store and products you don’t need haunting you — eventually making you spend much more money than you intended? Then listen up: Target has just expanded its curbside pickup service to all Philadelphia-area stores.
The retail-giant has been partnering with a Palo Alto, Calif.-based startup called Curbside which lets customers buy products on a smartphone app then pick them up outside of Target stores. It’s kind of like Instacart but you still have to leave your house.
Target expanded the program from 21 stores to 121, just in time for the holiday rush. It’s now available in all stores in the Philadelphia and San Francisco areas, as well as select locations in the New York-New Jersey and Chicago areas.
Here are some other Target holiday announcements:
- Target also announced that shipping and returns at Target.com will be free from Nov. 1 through Dec. 25.
- The company will offer international shopping and shipping to more than 200 countries and territories.
- It’s expanding its partnership with on-demand grocery delivery company Instacart (although it’s not yet available in Philly.)
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with BizPhilly — here’s how:
- Follow BizPhilly on Twitter and follow editor Jared Shelly here.
- Get the BizPhilly Newsletter
- Like BizPhilly on Facebook
- Check out the BizPhilly homepage