Protect Your Home Wherever You Are
In this day and age, home protection is a concern no matter where you live. Now, thanks to Comcast, you can have peace of mind even when you’re miles away. Whether you’re at work, on vacation, or just across the street at a neighbor’s house, Comcast’s home monitoring and control system, Xfinity Home, allows you to check in on your house and loved ones from the convenience of any of your devices.
U.S. census data shows that one-half of all children in the country age 12 to 14 are home alone an average of seven hours a week. Xfinity Home can help ease parents’ worries by providing traditional home security features linked to police and fire, but also much more.
Access streaming live video of any room you choose instantly from your phone or tablet no matter where you are. Check to make sure your kids make it home safely from school. Monitor the cameras to figure out if the dog’s been jumping up on the couch while you’re at work; or how they managed to get those cookies off the counter. Alleviate worry and doubt by being connected to your house at the touch of a button. Check out all the amazing features below.
Xfinity Home allows customers to:
- view security cameras remotely via Apple or Droid apps or any internet connection
- access photos of who has entered or exited the home
- set custom alerts to get text messages instantly based on events – for instance, a door opening (or not opening) during the window of time a child should arrive home
- check the status of their system and arm or disarm it remotely so parents don’t have to rely on their kids remembering to do so
- monitor for fire detection and have the fire department notified immediately in the event of one
- be alerted to water issues in problem areas like a basement or bathroom
And soon, parents will be able to remotely unlock the door if their child forgets their key.
The 2014 Philadelphia Magazine Design Home showcased all the incredible features of the Xfinity Home platform. Comcast was on hand giving demonstrations of all the different options and accessories and how to access them remotely. The 2014 Design Home was designed with safety and convenience in mind to showcase the remarkable safety features available to you. If you’re worried about intruders, your children’s safety, or the family pet, Comcast can save you the worry. Sign up for XFinity Home and start feeling safer today.
This is a paid partnership between Design Home and Philadelphia Magazine's City/Studio