Shop Talk: 9 Design That Will Inspire You to Make Over Your Home in 2016
Read with coffee: 5 style headlines to start your week.
- Now that you’ve tweaked and updated your wardrobe for the new year (if you haven’t, read this first!), why not give your home a quick change? The top home design trends of 2016 are luxe, eclectic and, well, see for yourself. (I’m already obsessing over ‘gliver,’ the new term for not-gold, not-silver fixtures.) [Domino]
- When it comes to cult followings, Everlane pretty much has the market cornered. To wit: Its latest athleisure collection — which includes structured but cozy bombers and sweats – already has a 6,460-person wait list. Here are the sweats that are giving Birkins a run for their money. [PopSugar]
- News on the beauty front: Target’s beauty department just keeps getting better. The company just started carrying a crazy-good French skincare line called Embryolisse, a staple at runway shows and photoshoots. My advice: Get the ‘Secret de Maquilleurs,’ a cooling stick that de-puffs eyes instantly. You can find the line at select Target stores and online. [Glamour]
- In the past week, I’ve had two people ask me how to wear a beanie without looking like either a hipster or a rumpled mess. Here are some tips. First, for guys: Don’t wear a droopy one pushed back on your head. For women: Opt for a form-fitting one for a more classic look (see Heidi Klum) or go for a slouchy skullcap for a bit more edge (see: Gwen Stefani). [InStyle]
- In case you missed it, there was yet another awards show last night. Here’s what everyone wore to the Critic’s Choice Awards. My top winners: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Alicia Vikander. [People]