Property’s Photo of the Week: Behind the Scenes Hard Hat Tour at FMC Tower
We’re taking a decidedly different turn on this week’s installment of Photo of the Week–and for good reason.
As you know, we typically delve into the #PhillyScape tag to grab the beautiful scenes of Philadelphia. Today, we were fortunate enough to be invited to tag along on a sky-high Instameet with Albert Lee (@urphillypal on Instagram), Brandywine Realty Trust (@brandywinerealty) and 20-or-so of Philly’s top Instagrammers to tour the glistening FMC Tower at 30th and Walnut.
You’ve seen what it’s like to be on top of the tower crane at One Riverside. Now, let’s take a trip to the other side of the Schuylkill River, as we climb to the construction site at the 24th floor for a few stunning open-air views of Philly from about 300-feet in the sky.
When completed in 2017, the FMC Tower will rise to 49 floors (over 700 feet!) and contain and mix of state-of-the-art office space, residential units by AKA (apartments and extended stay corporate suites), and a shared amenity space on the 28th floor (with a 72-foot pool, yo). The ground floor will host separate office lobby, a hotel-like lobby space for the residences and a yet-to-be-determined restaurant on 30th and Walnut. The Pelli Clarke Pelli-designed tower will be the tallest building west of the Schuylkill River, and be the southern bookend to the Cira Centre complex. So, we hope you enjoy the views from the 24th floor–we sure did. Also, keep it locked on this space, as we’ll have more updates (and pictures!) on the project next week.
Get at us:
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #Phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to email@example.com