Headlines: Take a Look at the Upcoming One Liberty Observation Deck (VIDEO)
Philly From the Top, a ticketed observation deck on the 57th floor of One Liberty, is slated to open in the fall. Slowly but surely, images of the ongoing construction have started to trickle out, but do we have something special for you.
Remember those videos from Cory J. Popp a few weeks ago that gave you a nearly unprecedented look at the skyline from the top of some of Philly’s tallest buildings? Chances are good that, unless you know a guy, you won’t be getting too many opportunities to touch the sky in such a manner. That is, of course, until Philly From the Top opens. Now, Popp takes us beyond the pictures and serves up a stunning video of the city from high above the street. Only this time, it’s in the (pretty raw looking) space atop a tower that stretches to 945-feet at its apex. Also, it’s behind glass.
When complete (probably after Labor Day), Philly From the Top will provide 360-degree views of the city. It will be operated by Paris-based Montparnasse 56 Group and surely be a fun #PhillyScape hashtag to follow along with on Instagram. As for ticket prices, sales “go live just before opening with general admission set at $14 for youth (ages 3 – 11) and $19 for adults,” according to a recent press release. A restaurant/cafe was in the plans when it was announced in December. However, a rep from the company said in an email, “at this point the Montparnasse 56 team does not have any plans for a café or restaurant in the space.”
- Philly From the Top [Cory J. Popp]
This post was updated to include the ticket prices and also to note that the cafe is not in current plans.
- 15 years later, appraising $300 million effort to transform Philly neighborhoods [Newsworks]
- See photos of upscale new coworking space Industrious [Technical.ly Philly]
- Framing Underway for a Big Project on Ridge Avenue [Naked Philly]
- Philly Pack dog training center now open in former Abbott’s Alderney Dairy [Passyunk Post]
- ‘We’re getting tired’: Long-time restaurateurs put The Gold Standard up for sale [West Philly Local]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home