Headlines: Queen of Jeans Sign Hung on East Passyunk
The building that used to house the King of Jeans is officially down, but that doesn’t mean its spirit is gone. On Sunday, Philly artists Kid Hazo (giant PPA ticket, PAFA poop emoji and many more) and South Fellini gave a new twist to an East Passyunk icon, installing a sign to the fence of the development site at 1843 East Passyunk Avenue that reads “Queen of Jeans Coming Summer 2015.” Needless to say, it was a big hit on social media.
As Conrad Benner of Streets Dept. asked on Instagram, “Isn’t it about time a woman ruled the Denim Empire?” To which we respond with a resounding yes! You can check out more pics of the sign here. A new 5-story building will soon rise and house 3,000-square-feet of retail space, a floor of office space and 12 apartments, according to the Passyunk Post.
- Kid Hazo and South Fellini Announce ‘Queen of Jeans’ Coming Summer 2015 to East Passyunk Avenue [Streets Dept.]
- Could Spring Garden Street Become the City’s Iconic Greenway? [Flying Kite Media]
- Drexel courts permanent residents [The Inquirer]
- Construction Moving at Franklin Court Townhomes [Naked Philly]
- Cooper River Park ‘endangered’ [The Inquirer]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home