PHOTOS: “Brick Street View” Shows Philly Made Entirely of Lego Bricks
It’s not exactly on par with the Sakura Dream Lux map hack that transformed Philly into a whimsical cherry blossom city in terms of it being something we’d like to happen. (If you’ve ever accidentally stepped on a Lego block, you know why.) However, that doesn’t mean Brick Street View wasn’t fun to play around with. See for yourself!
According to CityLab’s John Metcalfe, developer Einar Öberg came up with the application, which allows you to type in any given address and, much like the regular Google Street View, let a Lego version of Pegman guide you down to street level. And as you can see from the few screenshots we took during our tour of a Lego-fied Philly, everything–from the clouds in the sky to the cars to the flora to, of course, the buildings–is made of Lego bricks. We’re sure this is bound to inspire someone. So, unleash your inner Special and get mappin’.
H/T: Turn Your City Into Legos With ‘Brick Street View’ [CityLab]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to email@example.com
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!