Headlines: Get Ready for Creative Pop Up Spaces Aplenty This Summer
— Prema Katari Gupta (@premagupta) May 5, 2015
The warmer weather isn’t the only treat we’ve been given the past week or so. The announcements of the summer pop up sites and festivities have been coming fast and furious. Last week, Foobooz informed us that there will be three (yes, three) PHS Pop Up Beer Gardens this season. We’ll let you wrap your head around that for a second…
… you good? Okay, let’s go.
Yesterday, Foobooz dropped more knowledge on us: the food options at Spruce Street Harbor Park/Riverrink Summerfest and the new designs at The Porch 2.0 at 30th Street Station. SSHP/Summerfest will have 15 beers on tap and various options from newbies Federal Donuts, Garces Group (including a revival of Chifa and the Distrito food truck), Franklin Fountain, Shane Confectionery and more.
The widely popular space at The Porch at 30th Street Station will get a fancy redesign by Groundwell and Gehl Studios that will give visitors more places to sit, including custom porch swings. It will also extend its hours into the night with new lights strung above the space. While it’s unsure if the rotating food truck scene will be back in the fold, University City District is creating a resident food truck to be run by restaurateur Michael Shulson dubbed Rotisserie at the Porch. It will serve beer and liquor four days a week and revenue from the truck will benefit the West Philadelphia Skills Initiative. You just love eating and drinking for a good cause!
This is to say nothing of Frankford Pause, which promises to be yet another fun event and hangout space near the El stop at Frankford Avenue and Paul Street. It’s planned to open in the spring.
- Get Ready for The Porch 2.0 [Foobooz]
- This Year, You’ll be Eating Well on the Riverfront [Foobooz]
- This UFO-Shaped Hamburger Stand Is Now Rotting Away In Media, PA [Curbed Philly]
- Demolition beginning on King of Jeans building [Passyunk Post]
- SLS Beverly Hills hotel sold for $195 million to Sunrider International [LA Times]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home