Morning Headlines: New York Times Thinks Philadelphia Could Set An Example
• Could this be the year Philadelphia sticks to a new year resolution regarding vacant properties? The New York Times highlights the city’s steps to make things right.
• Attention mortgage borrowers! Erik J. Martin from CTW Features reminds us that Jan. 1 marked the expiration Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act.
• The 146-room Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington now belongs to the Laurus Corporation after buying it for $16.4 million. That’s about $112k per unit, as CoStar Group’s Vickie Katlic points out.
• Having covered many a real estate news story, the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Natalie Kostelni looks back at the ones that surprised her the most last year.
• New development projects in South Kensington? Naked Philly’s Mr. Fox predicts what’s to happen in 2014.