This Weekend: 3rd Ward Previews Its Space and Avenue of the Arts Turns Into a Carnival
• Avenue of the Arts: Saturday, the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts Street Fair runs on Broad from Chestnut to South with food, music, performance, rides and all manner of fun from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Kensington: Saturday, 3rd Ward is having a preview event of its co-working space that’s slated to open this summer. Cocktails and music; no working allowed. 8 p.m.-midnight, 1227 N. Fourth Street
• East Passyunk: Saturday from noon to 4 stroll on East Passyunk Ave. between Dickinson and Morris for “Flavors of the Avenue,” a food celebration that’s an outdoors all-you-can-eat affair with samples from 25 bars and restaurants. (GA=$30)
• Fairmount: On Sunday, Fairmount Avenue Arts Crawl retailers turn their stores into galleries with art installations. There’ll be more than 50 featured artists, plus music, vendors and fun along the way. From 2 to 6.
• Pennsport: The Carnaval de Puebla is the country’s largest Cinco de Mayo celebration, and it takes place in Philly on Sunday. There’s a parade with costumes, music, processions and Mummery of a Mexican variety beginning at noon at Ninth and Washington.
• Society Hill: The Philadelphia Flea Market folks bring their antiques and funky vintage wares to the Headhouse Square pavillion. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.