5 Philly Fitness Classes That’ll Get You Dress-Ready for Your Wedding
Whether you’re flaunting your arms or gams in your dress—or your toned tummy on your honeymoon—we’ve found a local fitness studio that will make you feel the burn where it matters most:
For Your Arms
- Try: Flywheel, Bryn Mawr and Rittenhouse
- Thanks to the weighted-bar portion of these high-energy spinning classes, your arms, too, will feel like limp noodles.
For Your Back
- Try: RowZone, multiple locations
- If you’re going backless on the Big Day, this studio is for you. The 45-minute rowing-inspired workout tones your entire body, but you’ll really feel the burn in your back.
For Your Glutes
- Try: November Project Sweat Sessions
- This free cross-training workout held on the Rocky Steps every Wednesday morning is the ticket to a toned tush on your Big Day. 6:25am at the Art Museum steps on Wednesdays
For Your Legs
- Try: Pure Barre, multiple locations
- This ballet-inspired workout tones muscles with tiny but tough isometric movements—dancer’s legs, here you come!
For Your Core
- Try: Plank Studio, Wayne
- If you’re breaking out the bikini on your honeymoon, try this Pilates studio’s MegaFormer machine, a Pilates apparatus on steroids.
Refuel the Right Way: Philly health coach Jessica Procini shares post-workout meals to help you replenish and recharge after morning, midday or evening sweat sessions.
- Organic house-made coconut yogurt with caramelized nuts and cucumber honeydew lime juice at P.S. & Co. in Rittenhouse
- The medium-chain fatty acids in this coconut yogurt actually help you burn more fat after your workout, and cucumber helps you rehydrate with natural electrolytes.
- Quinoa garbanzo salad at Old City’s Wedge + Fig
- The plant-based proteins in this salad will fill you up and keep your blood sugar balanced throughout the afternoon. Meaning: no mid- afternoon brownie cravings.
- Just Green juice and grilled tilapia fillet platter at South Jersey’s Healthy Garden
- For a filling post-workout dinner that won’t send you into a food coma, opt for this protein- packed platter and a green juice.
For more on bridal health, fitness and nutrition in Philadelphia, go here.
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.