Draft Day Mock Roundup: The Experts’ Best Guesses on Who The Sixers Will Take
Basketball writer Derek Bodner is covering the NBA draft for Philadelphia magazine at Sixers Draftland.
As we’re now just hours away from the 2015 NBA draft, experts around the league are making their last-second changes to their mock drafts. Who do they currently have the Sixers taking?
Chad Ford (6/25): ESPN’s Chad Ford released his updated mock draft on Sports Center this morning, and he now has the Sixers taking D’Angelo Russell at third overall. Ford had the Sixers taking Kristaps Porzingis in his mock draft last week.
DraftExpress.com (6/25): Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress updated his mock draft this morning, and now has the Sixers once again taking Ohio State guard D’Angelo Russell. Givony previously had Kristaps Porzingis slotted third overall. Sixers second-round picks: Nikola Milutinov, Arturas Gudaitis, Dakari Johnson, Aaron White and Nikola Radicevic.
Zach Harper (6/24): CBS Sports’ Zach Harper updated his mock draft yesterday, changing the 76ers selection at third overall from D’Angelo Russell to Kristaps Porzingis. Second round picks: Guillermo Hernangomez, Michael Qualls, Andrew Harrison, Daniel Diez and Chris Walker.
NBADraft.net (6/24): NBADraft.net updated their mock draft yesterday, although their selection for the 76ers at third overall (D’Angelo Russell) remains the same. They also have the Sixers drafting Rakeem Christmas, Christian Wood, J.P. Tokoto, Larry Nance Jr. and Chasson Randle in the second round.
BasketballInsiders.com (6/24): BasketballInsiders’ team of experts has the Sixers taking either D’Angelo Russell (Alex Kennedy, Moke Hamilton, Steve Kyler) or Kristaps Porzingis (Joel Brigham). The only change there from last week is Brigham changing his selection from Emmanuel Mudiay to Porzingis.
Gary Parrish (6/23): Gary Parrish, also of CBS Sports, updated his mock draft on Tuesday, although he still has the Sixers taking Kristaps Porzingis, which is the same as last week. Sixers second round picks include Dakari Johnson, Guillermo Hernangomez, Michael Frazier, Alan Williams and Michael Qualls.
Chris Mannix (6/23): Sports Illustrated writer Chris Mannix has the 76ers taking D’Angelo Russell. This is unchanged from last week’s mock draft.
Derek Bodner (6/22): Over at USA Today I have the Sixers selecting D’Angelo Russell, something I have maintained since May 19th’s lottery. Second-round picks include Cliff Alexander, Joseph Young, J.P. Tokoto, Brandon Ashley and Shannon Scott.
Sean Deveney (6/22): Sean Deveney of The Sporting News has the 76ers going Kristaps Porzingis at No. 3, which is the same as last week.
Finally tally for the No. 3 pick:
- D’Angelo Russell: 8
- Kristaps Porzingis: 4
Follow @DerekBodnerNBA on Twitter.
Previously in Sixers Draftland:
• Reports: Sixers Targeting Rashad Vaughn; Is Trading Down a Possibility?
• 2015 NBA Draft Big Board: The 10 Best Prospects for the Sixers
• Report: Sixers Locked In on D’Angelo Russell?
• Rumor Mill: Sixers Reportedly in Discussions to Acquire Another First-Round Pick
• Justise Winslow: A Defensive Maverick With Big “O” Questions
• Dario Saric Not Coming Over This Season
• Mario Hezonja: Is Elite Shooter Confident… or Cocky?
• Emmanuel Mudiay: The Point Guard With a Shooting Problem
• Kristaps Porzingis: International Man of Mystery
• NBA Mock Draft Roundup: Who the Experts Think the Sixers Will Take
• D’Angelo Russell: The Guy Everyone Thinks the Sixers Are Drafting
• Jahlil Okafor: One of the Best Low-Post Scorers We’ve Seen
• D’Angelo Russell to Work Out for the Sixers After All
• Karl-Anthony Towns: The Big Man the Sixers Probably Want — and Likely Can’t Get
• Does Joel Embiid’s Setback Change Sixers’ Draft Plans?
• Welcome to Sixers Draftland