This Week: Drag Wars Cycle One Reunion Special
G Philly’s one-stop party shop for weekday revelers.
MON., JAN. 28
- Our Night Out and the Greater Philadelphia Flag Football League (GPFFL) are teaming up to host a special gay night in Old City. There will be drink and appetizer specials, and GPFFL will hand out info on this weekend’s “Big Game Event.” 6 p.m., free, Fire & Ice, 312 Market St.
- Sing Your Life Karaoke hosts Justin Timberlake + Boy Band/Girl Band Karaoke. 9 p.m. free, Tabu Lounge and Sports Bar, 200 S. 12th St.
- After screening Heathers and Showgirls, this one was inevitable: Movie Mondays is showing Clueless tonight followed by a dance party. Remember, “Anything you can do to draw attention to your mouth is good.” 9 p.m., free with drink purchase, Valanni, 1229 Spruce St.
- Or skip all this, hunty, and stay home for tonight’s season 5 premiere of RuPaul’s Drag Race!
TUE., JAN. 29
- The ladies of Philly Drag Wars Cycle One will gather tonight for a reunion show, where they’ll dish all kinds of juicy backstage dirt. The top six will perform and The Goddess Isis will make a special appearance. Proceeds from the event will benefit the LGBTQ-homeless-youth-serving Foyer of Philadelphia. 11 p.m., $7, Voyeur, 1221 Saint James St.
WED., JAN. 30
- If you’re looking for work, Woody’s is hiring. This afternoon the bar is hosting a job fair to look for bar backs, bartenders and security personnel. Bring your resume and your dreamiest smile. 2 p.m., free, Woody’s, 202 S. 13th St.
- Mount Airy’s über-queer-friendly Big Blue Marble Bookstore is hosting Minter Krotzer’s Life Stories Reading Group. Tonight’s discussion will revolve around Tobias Wolff’s This Boy’s Life, which chronicles the author’s travels across the U.S. with his nomadic mother, and touches on his friendship with gay character Arthur Gayle. 7 p.m., free, Big Blue Marble Bookstore, 551 Carpenter Lane.
- Local gay comedian Alejandro Morales and The World Exists podcaster TJ Hurley are hosting East Coast Power Nap, a review of “Philly’s homegrown standup comedy scene,” featuring Carolyn Busa, Doogie Horner, The Necrosexual and more. 8 p.m. $5, The Trocadero, 1003 Arch St.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race host Michelle Visage will join Mimi Imfurst and her “Dollstars” for The Dollhouse Revue’s special tribute to ’90s pop. Visage will sing “Two to Make it Right,” a hit from her days in pop group Seduction. 11 p.m., call for price, Voyeur.
Check back on Friday for G Philly’s roundup of weekend haps.