6 Design-Forward Travel Essentials That Are Also Super Functional
Add these items to your pre-trip shopping list.
Ready for a spring getaway? Start with these six travel essentials that have form and function.
1. A collaboration between an industrial designer and an Italian luggage company, this suitcase has flashes of the futuristic, brims with artisanal luxury, and is completely investment-worthy. FPM Spinner Bank suitcase, $1,695 to $1,995 at Boyds, Rittenhouse.
2. For on-the-go projects: a super-small kit packed qwith tools like tape, compact scissors, and a utility blade. Hey, you never know. Stationery kit, $46 at Omoi Zakka Shop, Rittenhouse and Old City.
3. This surprisingly roomy pouch has plenty of space for toiletries or work stuff. (It can fit a small tablet, a phone, chargers, a book and more.) Exterior pockets keep everything in place. Kokuyo Trystrams A5 medium pouch, $56 at Omoi Zakka Shop.
4. A posh leather cover makes even the worst ID photo look good. Ettinger passport cover, $105 at Boyds.
5. This super-slim RFID-blocking wallet provides easy access to cards and protects them against digital theft. Secrid Slimwallet in bordeaux, $110 at Totem Brand, Queen Village.
6. A place to jot down your notes or stow maps and mementos — perfectly sized for travel. Traveler’s Company leather travel journal, $58 at Omoi Zakka Shop.
Published as “Baggage Check” in the March 2020 issue of Philadelphia magazine.