Introducing the Bruno at Kermit’s Bake Shoppe
Chef Brian Lofink got inspired while walking through Di Bruno Bros. recently. And with all that cheese and other wonderful products, that’s not surprising. So Lofink got to grabbing cheeses, balsamic dressing, bacon and more. Then he headed back to Kermit’s Bake Shop to create a the fanciest pizza the bakery and pizza shop has made yet.
The Bruno, as this brussels sprouts pizza is called, is offered as a whole pie only. The $25 winter pizza is earthy, smoky, bright and acidic. An intense and delicious pie for sure. Since getting to sample it a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been waiting for it to finally be offered for sale so I can get it again.
- Applewood smoked bacon
- Shredded brussels sprouts
- Truffle-scented crème fraiche
- Five kinds of cheeses
- House Blend – Fresh mozzarella, whole milk mozzarella, grana padano and pecorino
- Fontina Val D’aosta – Italy – Raw Cow’s Milk
- Fiore Sardo – Italy – Raw Sheep’s Milk
- Finished with fleur de sel, a truffle balsamic reduction and truffle honey.
Lofink promises more “composed pizzas” like this in the future. And if the Bruno is any measure, that’s a very good thing.
Kermit’s Bake Shoppe [Foobooz]