A Chic Activewear Boutique Is Popping up in Suburban Square
Chestnut Hill's Rebel is bringing even more high-end fitness apparel to Ardmore.
Figuring out what to wear for your workout is *almost* as important as crushing your workout. Whether you’re tapping it back on a bike, running intervals on the treadmill, or Warrior Two-ing on your yoga mat, you likely want to feel supported, comfy, and confident during your sweat sesh. But with so many different apparel choices, it can be tough to decide which brand is right for you — so you want to try a bunch on. Duh.
To reach more Philly-area residents — and provide more variety — Rebel, the Chestnut Hill fitness and apparel boutique, is branching out to the Main Line. As of December 2nd, they’re opening a pop-up activewear store in the center of Suburban Square in Ardmore, where they’ll be selling workout clothing from super popular brands like Alo and Beyond Yoga.
Rebel opened in November 2016 as a three-in-one wellness haven, operating as a yoga studio, retail space, and healthy canteen. Owner Sue Pinto, who has seen the success of all three areas at her home base in Chestnut Hill, decided to expand Rebel’s apparel section to Suburban Square, a space she knows her clients are working out and hanging out. With neighbors like SoulCycle, Lululemon, Life Time, and Endeavor Athletics, Pinto thinks Rebel will fit right in the Main Line scene.
View this post on Instagram
Wondering what pieces you’ll be able to add to your wardrobe thanks to the new Suburban Square shop? They’ve got everything from yoga pants and sports bras to sweatshirts and sherpas. (A.K.A. You may want to Marie Kondo your closet and replace your old Champion gear with these activewear options.) Here’s what to expect:
- Alo — Leggings, bras, cozy sweatshirts, and the highly-coveted sherpas.
- Beyond Yoga — An extensive selection of the very popular buttery soft Spacedye high-waisted leggings with matching bras and tanks. Plus, leggings from the Alloy Ombre collection.
- Koral — Lustrous high-rise leggings in solids, as well as camo and cheetah print.
- Splits59 — This is one of Rebel’s best-selling brands, so you’ll want to get your hands on their leggings, tanks, and outerwear.
- Varley — Animal-print leggings and cozy sherpa jackets.
- 925Fit’s Seamless collection.
- Noli’s Black Label collection.
- Niyama Sol — J. Lo’s favorite! Super fun patterns made from recycled plastics, so basically, you’re looking fresh and helping our environment.
- Other pieces from activewear brands such as Spiritual Gangster, PE Nation, Twenty, Electric and Rose, Avocado, The Upside, Chaser, Sundays, N:philanthropy, Mate the Label, and LNA.
View this post on Instagram
The new location will also sell yoga mats from BMat and local company Jade, plus antibacterial yoga bags from The Pure Bag. Prices for apparel and accessories range from $38 through $250, depending on the brand.
You can visit Rebel’s Main Lane location (32 Parking Plaza) Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from now through April — and hopefully beyond!