The Checkup: Does It Really Matter If Protein Powder Is Expired?
• After a disgusting experience with expired milk at the age of nine that’s stuck with me ever since, I am a crazy person when it comes to expiration dates. But according to a professor of food science at Penn State, you don’t have to be too afraid of expired protein powder spoiling, though it does lose some of its power. [Men’s Health]
• Amazing: This woman is 100 years old — and she’s running at the Penn Relays this week. [New York Times]
• The key to being a better runner (or yogi, or Spin enthusiast): change your outlook about exercise, a new study says. [Women’s Health]
• If you drank all the margaritas this past weekend, take note: A new study found that you can help offset the negative effects of sugar by working foods high in DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, into your diet. [Well + Good]
• Why you’ve made a habit of going for a run to clear your mind, explained by science. [Science of Us]
Like what you’re reading? Experience Be Well Philly live at Be Well Philly Boot Camp fitness fest on June 4th!
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly — here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter