Check Out the Full Schedule for Be Well Philly Boot Camp 2014!
Remember when I promised that I’d post the full schedule for our just-for-women Be Well Philly Boot Camp as soon as it was ready? Well it’s heeeeeeere, signed, sealed and delivered. Check out the full lineup here.
If you’ve been to Boot Camp before, you’ll notice we made a few exciting changes to this year’s program, including:
• We added a studio for more small fitness classes. These classes are always in such high demand that we wanted to accommodate more of them. So voila! More classes at your service. And of course, we’ll have our huge outdoor tent for some fun al fresco classes, as well.
• We created a Speakers’ Lounge. We love, love, love the amazing speakers who share their expertise at Boot Camp, so this year we wanted to give you even more access to them. Instead of Q&A-style panel discussions, we’re dedicating space in our marketplace to a fab lounge-style speakers’ area, where local experts will share their know-how on everything from mindfulness to running to healthy eating. You’ll have a chance to glean their tips and ask your own questions, face-to-face.
• We added the Empower Hour. Be Well Philly Boot Camp is all about motivating you to better health, wellness and fitness. So what better way to do that than to hear from someone who has an incredibly inspirational story to share? This year, we’re honored to host the amazing Anne Mahlum, entrepreneur, runner and founder of Back On My Feet, a national organization that uses running to help those experiencing homelessness change the way they see themselves. Hear Anne’s emotional and empowering story about how running helped her overcome personal obstacles, and how she used her experience to make a difference for others. Back On My Feet is also our charity beneficiary for Be Well Philly Boot Camp 2014; ten percent of ticket sales will go to support their mission.
• We’re doing more outdoor activities. Our friends at Unite Fitness are joining us this year to do a cross-training run through University City. It’s just like a group fun run, except you’ll stop at locations around the neighborhood to do some cross-training—think burpees, lunges, squats and more. Check out our photos from last year’s Be Well Philly Cross-Training Run to get an idea. We’ve also added an outdoor walking group that’ll be lead by a local trainer, who will show you how to turn a casual stroll into a terrific workout. Both events are weather permitting, of course, so let’s all start doing our no-rain dances now!
Cool, right? Plus, just like last year, we’ll have tons of awesome vendors in the marketplace, cooking demos, doctor chats, massages and more, as well as ongoing activities like rock climbing, mini-workouts with Sweat Fitness, head-to-head spinning challenges with Flywheel, and the running clinic. Breakfast will be provided by our friends at Pure Fare, and lunch will come from the awesome folks at HipCityVeg. And of course, we’ll close our day with a Healthy Happy Hour at Landmark Americana with drinks and snacks—all of which is included in your Boot Camp ticket!
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly—here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter