Your Guide to New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Philadelphia
Ring in the New Year the right way.
A lot of the big New Year’s Eve parties in Philly have one thing in common: They all face east. That’s where the fireworks are — over the Delaware River, just south of the Ben Franklin Bridge. As usual, there are shows at 6 p.m. and midnight, depending on how into it you are about the whole thing.
Free, 6 p.m. & midnight, Penn’s Landing.
You’ll get great views of the fireworks from this NYE shindig. You can choose an ice skating ticket or go for the “spectator” ticket if sliding around on ice isn’t your think. You’ll also have access to hot chocolate, “light refreshments” by Chickie’s and Pete’s, Skellys, and the Garces Group, with pay-as-you-go drinks and food.
$35 for spectators, $45 for skaters, 5 p.m.-1 a.m., 101 S Columbus Blvd.
Cherry Street Pier
Ring in the New Year at this cool new riverfront event space. Your ticket comes with two drinks, access to firepits and heaters, front-row views of the fireworks, music by DJ Lil’ Dave & Lean Wit It, “live art,” plus other pay-as-you-go food and drink options.
$50, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., 121 N. Columbus Blvd.
Midnight From The Top
Take in some of the best views of Philly from above at this One Liberty Observation Deck celebration. You’ll party in a skyscraper, dressed in black tie, while downing food by Craft Concepts Group and taking advantage of an open bar. Aren’t you fancy!
$175-$3,000, 9 p.m.-2 a.m., One Liberty Observation Deck, 57th floor, 1650 Market St.
Celebrity Style NYE Fireworks Gala
Party in a different skyscraper, still with good views, at this Pyramid Club soiree. You’ll dine on a buffet dinner, snack on hors d’oeuvres served by butlers (!), toast with champagne at midnight, and go home with party favors.
$150-$170, 9 p.m.-2 a.m., Pyramid Club, 52nd floor, 1735 Market St.
Spirit of Philadelphia
Get up close and personal with those Delaware River fireworks by spending New Years Eve on a boat. You can join the 1 p.m. brunch cruise if you’re not interested in staying up past your bedtime, or celebrate with traditional NYE festivities, including a buffet dinner, deejay, open bar, and champagne at midnight on the later cruise.
4:30 p.m. ($114.90-$164.90) & 8:30 p.m. ($199.99-$309.90), 401 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd.
Other Parties to Try:
- Low Cut Connie @ Trocadero
- Philadelphia Orchestra @ the Kimmel Center
- Glitter City Gala @ Bellevue Hotel
- NYE-A-Go Go! Disco Dance Party @ The Trestle Inn
- First Night of 2019 @ Battleship New Jersey
- The Disco Biscuits @ The Fillmore
- New Year, New Brewery @ Mainstay Independent
- They Might Be Giants / Jonathan Coulton @ TLA
- Making Time @ Union Transfer
- Splintered Sunlight @ Ardmore Music Hall
- New Queers Eve @ Foundry
- Aqimero @ Ritz-Carlton
- Lovelorn / Suburban Living @ Ortlieb’s
- New Year’s Eve Ghost Tour @ Powel House
- Eyes Wide Shut Masquerade @ U-Bahn
- Champagne Ball @ Vesper
- Last Laughs of 2018 @ Punch Line
- West Philadelphia Orchestra/Johnny Showcase/Sun Ra Arkestra @ Underground Arts
- Hello 2019 Karaoke Party @ Yakitori Boy
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie/Hardwork Movement @ Franklin Music Hall
- Jon Dore @ Helium
- Jersey Corn Pickers/The Cheddar Boys @ World Cafe Live
- NYE Burlesque Ball @ Tabu
And then, of course, there’s the Mummers Parade on Tuesday.