DRWC Releases Summer at the Waterfront Schedule of Events
Delaware River Waterfront Corporation (DRWC) is keeping things bustling along our eastern shore this summer, with Philly’s first outdoor roller rink at Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest and, of course, Spruce Street Harbor Park. If that wasn’t enough, today, they’ve rolled out a schedule of more than 70 free events taking place at the aforementioned locations and Penn’s Landing and Race Street Pier.
It all starts this weekend, with the Art Star Craft Bazaar, and continues through the end of September with everything from the Roots Picnic and the Philly Pride celebration to more low-key affairs like free movie nights and yoga on Race Street Pier. Highlights of the summer below:
- Love Your Park on Saturday, May 9th
- Sister Cities Girlchoir 3rd Annual Family and Friends Concert on Saturday, May 16th.
- Tons of festivals comprising PECO Multicultural Series, including the Irish American Festival, Islamic Heritage Festival, and Mexican Independence Day Festival.
- Philly Pride Day on Sunday, June 14th.
- The Philadelphia Orchestra Neighborhood Concert on Thursday, July 2nd.
- Screenings Under the Stars on Thursdays in July and August beginning July 9th. Films include The Goonies, The Wizard of Oz, Back to the Future, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Smooth Jazz Summer Nights on Fridays in August, with Generation NeXt, Brian Culbertson, Jazz Attack, and Mindi Abair.
- Concerts! Look out for The 8th Annual Roots Picnic, Mad Decent Block Party, Dave Matthews Band, Brad Paisley, and more.
- Yoga on the Race Street Pier will happen every day of the week. It’s an all-levels class, and it’s free!
- Paddle Penn’s Landing returns. You can rent single kayaks, tandem kayaks, canoes and swan boats.
- Hop a scenic ride on the RiverLink Ferry.
Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest and Spruce Street Harbor Park open Friday, May 22nd. For a full list of events throughout the summer, go here, or stay tuned to our weekly event guides for more information as the events happen.