15 Mother’s Day Gifts So Awesome She’ll Forget You Never Call
PSA: Mother’s Day is May 10th, friends. Show mom you care and prep for the impending holiday by scooping up these editor- (and mom-) approved gifts. Psst: There’s no need to shell out for overnight delivery, you can snag most of the goods at local retailers.
1. Engraved Locket, Catbird // Say it with us: personalization is always better. Go one step further than the typical monogram and opt for a locket equipped with a teeny-tiny picture of the two of you. $168.
2. Cooking Classes, COOK // Select a class for the two of you to attend (think strawberry desserts or hands-on pizza making) or give her a gift card to choose her class at a later date. June’s course offerings will be posted on May 12th. Prices vary.
3. Gold Blossom Studs, Egan Day // Shoppist editor Emily favors these dainty studs because they’re a fine jewelry gift that isn’t four figures. $310.
4. Flower Subscription, The Flwry // For when one bouquet isn’t enough, gift mom a membership for fresh-cut flowers. Packages include six and 12 month options as well as once and twice a month refills. Starts at $37.
5. Glass Teapot and Raw Honey, Omoi Zakka // Thoughtful pairings are always a hit. Gift this glass teapot with built-in diffuser and fragrant raw honey to amp up her regular teatime. Teapot, $48; honey, $16.95.
6. Six Classic Manis, Lacquer Lounge // Ensure that she’s primped and pampered long after Mother’s Day with a gift card for six classic manicures at the super-feminine salon Lacquer Lounge. Psst: It also means you have six reasons to go on mother-daughter dates. $96.
7. Lauren Oxford, Bus Stop Boutique // These classic kicks come in a bevy of hues and are mom-approved (Emily’s mother scooped up two pairs at the collection’s release party). $195.
8. Waltzing Matilda Navy Market Tote, Meadowsweet Mercantile // This structured tote will surely become a favorite for errand-running. $360.
9. Celebratory Card, Arch Street Paper Co. // None of the gifts on this list are complete without a charming accompanying card. $5.
10. Brahms Mount Cotton Herringbone Throw, Bons Rêves // Plush blankets in calming hues and knotted rope fringe are always well-received. $210.
11. Mixed Dried Berry Dark Chocolate Bark, Marcie Blaine Artisanal Chocolates // Stray from the typical box of chocolates gift and opt for decadent berry-dotted dark chocolate. And while you’re there, pick up a bar for yourself. $7.50.
13. Marina Pajama Shirt and Shorts, Sleepy Jones // These luxe pajama shirt and short combo boasts fine cotton fabric, slim piping trim and French seams, putting the oversized t-shirt to shame. Shirt, $138; shorts, $48.
14. Lunch and Shopping, Terrain // Pencil in time for the two of you to enjoy lunch at the greenhouse cafe followed by shopping in the whimsical main boutique. Psst: They’re having a Mother’s Day brunch. Make a reservation here.
15. Library of Flowers Perfume, Scarlett Alley // Our interest was piqued by the fun flower prints, but the English cucumber, davana and honeysuckle notes sealed the deal. $53.95.