Construction of W / Element Hotel at 15th and Chestnut Underway
The former parking lot is gone and the teasing presence of inactive site prep vehicles is officially behind us – in other words, construction is underway on the 51-story skyscraper charged with holding a dual-brand hotel development consisting of the 295-room W Philadelphia and 460-room Element Philadelphia.
Check out the bonus night rendering below.
The W/Element project, whose construction commencement was announced yesterday, is being developed by Vine Street Matthews Development, but is owned by Chestlen Development. Starwood Hotels & Resorts will be managing the property. Funding for the $280 million development was made possible with the help of $33 million in tax increment financing and, according to the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Natalie Kostelni, $160 million in loans.
The building is anticipated to have banquet facilities, an outdoor pool bar and terrace, and food and beverage outlets, as well as retail space along Chestnut Street. And make no mistake: the two hotels may occupy the same space, but they will maintain their distinctive styles and offer different amenities to their guests. Below, a list of their respective features.
- Chestnut Street entrance
- W Living Room with full bar and VIP room on ground floor
- Destination restaurant with 150 seats also on ground floor
- 7,000-square-foot WET outdoor terrace with year-round outdoor pool and destination bar
- 2,900-square-foot spa
- 1,400 square foot FIT gym
- 45,000-square-foot meeting and event space
- Arrival lobby on Chestnut; elevator access to main lobby on second floor
- Complimentary bikes to borrow program
- Complimentary RISE breakfast and RELAX evening reception
- 1,400-square-foot breakfast and lounge area
- 1,600-square-foot fitness center
- 560-square-foot branded meeting space
- Has LEED-certification
The W/Element is set to open in early 2018.
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to email@example.com
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!