Headlines: Apartments Planned for Superfresh Society Hill Site?
The Superfresh in Society Hill is near and dear to the hearts of nearby residents. So, it’s probably a safe bet that near-neighbors will be paying close attention to whatever the future holds for the current site near 5th and Pine. Natalie Kostelni of the Philadelphia Business Journal reports, “Alterra Property Group is in the preliminary stages of a proposal to construct a mixed-use development on a Society Hill property that now houses a Superfresh.”
It’s still early in the process (Alterra has the property under agreement), but Kostelni says that preliminary plans are to demolish the single-story building in favor for a larger, mixed-use apartment complex with “between 12,000 and 18,000 square feet of retail space.” Superfresh has a lease at the site until 2018. Lee Addimando, co-owner of Alterra, tells Kostelni, “we would love to try to bring back a grocery store.”
- Developer sets sights on Superfresh site in Society Hill [Philadelphia Business Journal]
In Other News:
- Gallery-area developments seen as cooperative [The Inquirer]
Corrugated Metal and Thermal Wood for Frankford Ave Facade [Curbed Philly]
- It’s getting more expensive to be a renter [The Philadelphia Tribune]
- Philly Loses The Boyd Theater, Art Deco Treasure [Ellen A. Hurst]
- Girl, 14, Builds Lavish Treehouse, Township Ordering Her To Take It Down After Neighbor Complaint [KDKA]
From the Twitterverse:
— ELLE DECOR (@ELLEDECOR) May 26, 2015
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!