Headlines: PennDesign Named Among Top Schools in the World for Architecture
The School of Design at the University of Pennsylvania, was recently named as one of the top universities in the world for “architecture & built environment” in the World University Ranking for 2015 report released by QS. Arch Daily has the easy-to-read list right here. PennDesign was ultimately ranked at 35, with MIT ranked in the top spot.
Penn wasn’t the lone university from the region on the list. Princeton came in at 38 and Penn State’s Stuckeman School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture ranked in the 51-100 area. According to QS, the “rankings highlight the world’s top universities in 36 individual subjects, based on academic reputation, employer reputation and research impact.”
For what it’s worth, Architectural Record ranked the top schools in the nation and broke it out by undergraduate and graduate programs, which is helpful and something QS doesn’t do. You can find those lists here.
- Narberth’s form-based zoning draft aims to keep character of borough [Main Line Times]
- 11 Tips You Need To Know Before Building A Shipping Container Home [Arch Daily]
- A Drive Through Overbrook Farms [Philly History Blog]
- Exclusive: YMCA property in Ardmore trades hands [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Changing Skyline: Frenzied real estate market makes any building a teardown target [The Inquirer]