Morning Headlines: The Impact of Next-Gen Digital Signage
We all know that technology changes at a break-neck speed. The latest cell phones rapidly become outdated early on within the two-year contract period. So what would make the tech for digital signage any different? Inga Saffron weighs in on the impact of digital signage, particularly the prospects of a bill from Councilman Mark Squilla that would allow for massive Urban Experiential Displays (UEDs) to be constructed (the Hand of Reading Terminal Market is 46-feet tall!) on public sidewalks. Who really benefits and what’s at stake?
- Changing Skyline: Bill would transform city streets into blaring, blazing digital billboard [The Inquirer]
Other can’t-miss news stories…
- Clerks III to Film in Philadelphia [Ticket]
- Developers may try again for OK on $120 million cycling track in Philly’s FDR Park [Newsworks]
- Drones Will Elevate Urban Design [The Dirt]
- Prolific Postmodern Architect Michael Graves Dead at 80 [Curbed]
Property’s Weekend Agenda:
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home