How to Submit Your Wedding to Philadelphia Wedding Magazine
We also publish proposals, engagement shoots, bridal showers, and more.
First off: Congratulations! Whether you’re a vendor or a newly married person, you just participated in a major life event. We’re beyond honored you’re interested in sharing that moment with us here at Philadelphia Wedding. Here’s what you need to know about getting published on our blog and in our print magazine.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Submissions beyond just weddings. Though real weddings are our top priority, we also publish engagement sessions, proposals, showers, and more. If it’s wedding-related, we want to see it!
• Unique, creative, and one-of-a-kind celebrations. If it’s not something that’s already all over Instagram, we want to see it! This can range from the luxe (an ornate floral chandelier) to the simple (a pop-up wedding in an unusual location).
• Submissions that are unique *to* our area of coverage (Philadelphia and its surrounding counties, Delaware, South Jersey, and the Jersey Shore). If you have pictures or a story to tell that could only happen in these areas, we want to know about it! Some examples: cheesesteak late-night snacks, LOVE Statue wedding decor, an Eagles pep band appearance, engagement pictures at Cira Green, etc.
• Timely submissions. If you’ve photographed a wedding at a just-opened venue, or perhaps photographed an engagement session at a new museum exhibit, we definitely want to see it!
• Diversity. Interfaith, intercultural, and LGBTQIA+ relationships are encouraged, welcome, and celebrated.
• Sweet stories. Here at PW, we love a great story as much as we love great wedding photos. If you or a person you’re working with had a really creative proposal, moved mountains to change a wedding to accommodate a loved one with an illness, or had something else especially sentimental happen in relation to the wedding, we’d also like to know about it.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit. One submission per email please, and please include the following in the body of your email:
• A *link* to a dropbox, pass gallery, or other photo gallery of 75-150 high-resolution images that we can download directly. Please do *not* directly invite us to a Dropbox folder, and please do not submit via Google Drive. Images should be 25-35 percent photos of the couple, and 65-75 percent detail shots from the day. Images should be in color, and they should include a mix of horizontal and vertical shots.
• A list of vendors from the day, along with the subjects’ names, event date, and location.
• A short paragraph or two describing the relationship and the day.
We’re also on Two Bright Lights and would love to see submissions from you there!
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT SUBMITTING TO THE PRINT MAGAZINE
We are currently accepting submissions for the upcoming winter/spring 2024 issue of Philadelphia Wedding. We are looking for weddings that occurred/will occur between late 2022 and mid 2023. (Other dates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.) Please use the above guidelines for email submissions, and send one submission per email to email@example.com with the subject line “FOR PRINT: Winter/Spring 2024.”
Print submissions are non-exclusive, but we will prioritize weddings that haven’t been seen elsewhere yet. If the wedding has been featured elsewhere, please let us know where it has been published when you submit. Please note: At this time, we do not publish styled shoots or engagement sessions in our print issues.
The initial submission deadline for summer real wedding print coverage is by July 21, 2023. If your wedding is chosen, we will be in touch by the end of August 2023.
Submission does not guarantee publication in the magazine or online, and publication will be determined by editorial discretion. An editor will be in touch if your photos are chosen for publication, and by agreeing to have the photos or work published, you and the agreeing couple featured grant Philadelphia Magazine (and thereby Philadelphia Wedding) permission to use the photos on our network of pages and publications, including but not limited to Philadelphia Magazine, Philadelphia Wedding, phillymag.com, Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Wedding’s Facebook Page, Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Wedding’s Instagram Page, Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Wedding’s Pinterest Page, and Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Wedding’s Twitter page. We do not unpublish these features, even in the event of a marriage dissolution.
Please send additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.