6 Things Every ‘Bachelor’ Fan Should Know Before Tonight’s Finale
The night we’ve all been waiting for is almost here: In just a few hours, this season of The Bachelor will come to an end as the adorable Ben Higgins gets down on one knee and asks one lucky lady—either Lauren B. or JoJo—to be his wife. (If you’ve been living under a rock, he threw Bachelor protocol to the wind and told both women he’s in love with them during the most recent episode.)
In anticipation of what is sure to be a dramatic and emotional evening (we’d expect nothing less from the franchise), we thought it was an ideal time to share a few behind-the-scenes secrets that’ll make tonight’s proposal all the more interesting.
So without further ado, here are six things every diehard Bachelor fan should know before the big finale:
- ABC provides the gowns worn by the final two, but otherwise the women are responsible for their own wardrobes. Plus, they only get their hair and makeup professionally done on the first day and during the finale.
- The proposal sites are picture-perfect for a reason: the producers construct them to look that way. Former Bachelor Sean Lowe says they added a bridge and dug a pond to spruce up the spot where he proposed to now-wife Catherine.
- Those massive engagement rings are just as expensive as they look—and yes, they get ’em for free. (The ring Ben proposes with tonight costs a reported $100,000!)
- But they have to give the ring back if they don’t stay together for two consecutive years. (It’s safe to say Neil got to recoup quite a few of those sparklers.)
- There’s only an hour or two between when the Bachelor dumps one woman and proposes to the other. We can only imagine how emotional that must be.
- And after the proposal the couple usually gets a five-day mini ‘moon to relax and enjoy time alone before having to hide their engagement from the public eye.
We’ll be back tomorrow morning with a recap of tonight’s episode and photos of soon-to-be Mrs. Higgins’ new ring. Stay tuned!
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.