PATCO Restores Service
After being totally knocked out by Tuesday’s severe thunderstorm, PATCO resumed service just after noon today.
“Trains will run every 20 minutes until midnight when the regular schedule/timetable resumes,” the agency said on its website. “NJTransit will continue to honor PATCO FREEDOM Cards and tickets until 8 p.m. tonight.”
SEPTA was still struggling with the storm’s aftermath, however. As of 1 p.m., regional rail was operating with delays of up to 30 minutes because of signal problems. Overall, the system looked like this:
• Media/Elwyn service remained suspended until further notice.
• Paoli/Thorndale: Train #529 will operate express from 30th Street to Bryn Mawr.
• Lansdale/Doylestown: Train #529 will operate express from Glenside to Temple University.
• Fox Chase: Trains #830 & #831 are canceled between Wayne Junction and Fox Chase.
• Norristown High Speed Line: Service is operating only between 69th Street and Radnor with trains departing every 15 minutes.
We’ll post updates as they warrant.
Follow our Twitter traffic and weather list below for updates:
Tweets from https://twitter.com/phillymag/lists/philly-traffic-weather