Weekend Roundup: Pop-Up Leather Shop, PGMC’s Bachelor Auction, Into the Woods in Drag and more
- Cutn Paste, the monthly dance party at Bike Stop, is paying homage to Azealia Banks and her music with a “heavy metal/metallic/shiny/reflective”-themed evening. Tigga Calore is coming from New York to perform along with Philly’s own DJs Precolumbian and Nolita Selector. Wondering why they’re throwing a party after Banks made all those homophobic remarks? They explain here.
- A handful of Philly’s “hairiest and witchiest” drag queens are hosting a First Friday event at Danger Salon—a good option if you’re looking to head out of the Gayborhood for the night.
- There’s no better way to give back than dancing to Beyoncé remixes, and The Welcoming Committee and Philly AIDS Thrift are teaming up to provide that opportunity at this week’s straight bar takeover / fundraiser at Urban Saloon.
To celebrate 19 years of sex toy-selling and teaching local kink-wannabes about the wilder side of sex, PASSIONAL & Sexploratorium is hosting a party and sale on Friday.
- Opera Philadelphia presents a chilling tale of one of literature’s greatest—and gayest—scribes in Oscar. The show opens this week.
- Philadelphia Theatre Company presents one of the latest works by out playwright Terrence McNally, Mother and Sons. The Tony-nominated show concerns a mother who, on the 20th anniversary of her son’s death, decides to visit his ex-parter Cal.
- Wolfstryker Leather is coming back to Tabu for a pop-up leather shop. The 50/50 benefit proceeds will be going to the Mazzoni Center.
- First Friday means Bearlesque is coming to Tabu at 10pm, and this time around the boys are hungry for trouble.
For its 14th Bachelor Auction, the Philadelphia Gay Men’s Chorus will offer up at least five of their songbirds and two mystery bachelors to the highest bidder. The auction takes place on February 7th from 7 to 10 p.m. at Woody’s.
- Wear your sexiest leather and check out all the eye candy at Second Skin dance party at The Bike Stop.
- Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret presents Cirque du SoGay at Tabu.
- Aurora Whorealis is bringing drag and burlesque to Old City at the Victoria Freehouse with Bev, Gemini Rose, Lili StQueer, Tara Hendricks, and Farrah Mascara.
- Mimi Imfurst as The Witch. Steve Cizzle as The Prince. This is already looking like a winner. So many of your favorite local drag queens are putting on Into the Woods, giving Meryl and Anna Kendrick and all those others starring in the movies right now in theaters a run for their money.