Weekend Roundup: The Gayest Ways to Spend the First Weekend of Fall
There’s a lot going on this first weekend of fall—from the start of FringeArts to LiCK’s latest Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret to gay night at Six Flags Great Adventure. I round up all the notables below:
- The 2014 FringeArts festival kicks off with a performance by Martha Graham Cracker with members of the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Here’s a guide to all the LGBT-centric shows playing this weekend at the FringeArts Festival, including a performance by the infinitely fascinating (and a little frightening) Christeene to Tribe of Fools’ gay-slanted take on Romeo and Juliet.
- Meet the 2014 Jonathan Lax Scholarship honorees, chosen because of their work to advance LGBT rights in our region.
- Celebrate back-to-school time with The Welcoming Committee’s latest Philly Guerrilla Queer Bar.
- It’s Bearlesque time again. As always, BYOBear.
- This month’s Sleepover. The Party is Sixteen Candles-themed. Break out your Molly Ringwald drag.
- CUTN PASTE gets down with a 2 Kewl 4 Skewl PJ Party featuring Bunny Michael.
- Bridgette Mayer gallery hosts a fundraising benefit for BalletX.
- Feeling particularly shimmy-tastic? Get your bosoms to Tabu for LiCK’s Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret: Nostalgia.
- Six Flags goes gay, gay, gay for the annual Out at Night party.
- Mauckingbird Theatre Company hosts two staged readings of seminal gay classic Boys in the Band, on Saturday and Sunday night.
- Madonna Drag is encouraged at Material Girl GayBINGO! We bet there will be a few Joan’s in the crowd, too, for good measure.
- Factory Girls is ready to drop a Cherry Bomb on you.
- Venture Inn loooooves the ’90s.
- A new weekly LGBT dance party, Seductive Sundays, kicks off at Aura Nightclub.
This week’s weekend roundup brought to you by: