Weekend Roundup: Mama’s House, LGBT Wedding Expo, Queeriosity Cabaret and More
It’s no surprise, now that same-sex marriage is legal in Pennsylvania, that state wedding vendors are clamoring to make our wedding dreams come true. Expect to see tons of LGBT wedding expos popping up very soon—the first of which is happening this weekend in Bucks County. The Rainbow Wedding Network PA LGBT Wedding Expo will see booths from 30 wedding vendors—purveyors of everything from food to flowers to dresses.
There will be candy, too. I know that, because G Philly will be in the house to meet local brides- and grooms-to-be. Stop by and say hello in the midst of getting your wedding-planning on. Sunday, August 9th, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, 400 North Oxford Valley Road, Langhorne.
GayFest! romps through its first weekend of 2014. Keep up with what’s playing (and see a few shows, for goodness sakes) here.
- Wolfstryker Leather will be the special guest at tonight’s Happy Bear happy hour.
- Mistor Fahrenheit hosts The Queeriosity Cabaret, with Pissi Myles, Oliver Fist, Sinnamon, and more.
- Ladies Rock the Mic Feminist Karaoke benefits Maternity Care Coalition’s MOMobile initiative, which offers support, education and access to resources to pregnant women, new parents, and their families. Girl power mandatory.
- Mama’s House, Philly’s “tastiest all-female cabaret,” returns with host (Mama if you’re nasty) Lascivious Jane, and a trio of fearless performers—The Means, Rev-MacKenzie Moltov, and Bella La Blancis.
- Get schooled on S-E-X at DTF: Darryl and Timaree’s Fun Hour.
Looking for a Saturday afternoon outing? Head to Passyunk Avenue’s Second Saturday, where local business, including gay-owned Metro Men’s Clothing, will spill out into the street with deals, entertainment, food, and sips.
- Philly’s Best Lesbian Night Out, Stimulus, is throwing a special Back 2 Basics to say farewell to beloved local turntablist DJ Niilo, who’s heading out of town soon. Tear.
- Get down to the real Nitty Gritty at Venture Inn.
- Liberty City Kings Drag and Burlesque is holding auditions for new performers and volunteers. Bring some glitter.
- Sing Your Life celebrates Whitney Houston’s birthday with the most intimidating karaoke party in town.
Weekend Roundup is brought to you by: