9 Surprisingly Stylish Ways to Wear Tweed This Winter
Tweed isn't just for the academic types anymore.
Bold, flecked colors and edgy frayed finishes give this one-staid fabric a modern makeover. Here, find nine updated ways to wear the textured, eye-catching look.
1. Balmain metallic tweed and leather bag, $2,250 at Nordstrom, King of Prussia.
Style tip: Dabble in the trend with a playful accessory, like a textured shoulder bag.
2. Balenciaga embellished tweed pumps, $1,190 at Barneys New York, Rittenhouse.
3. Half-Moon white sapphire studs, starting at $496 at Bario Neal, Queen Village.
4. Le Kasha Puglia sweater, $825 at Kirna Zabête, Bryn Mawr.
5. Balmain checked tweed straight-leg pants, $1,895 at Net-a-porter.com.
6. Gucci embroidered tweed dress, $3,400 at Farfetch.com.
Style tip: A distressed piece makes a classic look extra- cool.
7. Buddy Ryan tangerine glasses, from $149 at Philly Eye Works, Rittenhouse.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Clare multicolor sneakers, $130 at Free People, multiple locations.
9. Veronica Beard Frisco double-breasted tweed jacket, $650 at Boyds, Rittenhouse.
Published as “The New Tweed” in the February 2019 issue of Philadelphia magazine.