Lineup and Location Announced for Cochon 555
Cochon 555 is coming to Philadelphia on Sunday, May 25th of Memorial Day weekend. The tour touts the flavor and benefits of heritage breed pigs. The event features a lineup of five chefs who will compete to win a chance to move on to compete in the Grand Cochon at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen in June.
The competing chefs are:
- Douglas Rodriguez of STARR Restaurants
- Patrick Szoke of Alla Spina
- Mike Santoro of The Mildred
- Jason Cichonski of Ela
- Jeremy Nolen of Brauhaus Schmitz
The event also includes:
- The Goose Nest, featuring a selection of Goose Island Beer Co.’s beers and Hudson Valley Foie Gras.
- Live butchering demonstration at a pop-up butcher shop.
- Retail shop where 100% of the proceeds benefits the students of Drexel University with the support of Williams-Sonoma.
- Different ages of Prosciutto di Parma ranging between 14 and 30 months, sliced by a roaming Berkel and by hand off a bone-in leg.
- “Punch Kings” cocktail competition during the VIP reception features five local bartenders preparing a punch made with Breckenridge Bourbon.
- The Bourbon Bar presented by Breadcrumb by Groupon featuring Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace,
- Breckenridge Bourbon, Hirsch, Templeton Rye and Luxardo.
- Libations include Crispin Ciders, Wines of Rioja, Cochon Rose, and a Mezcal bar featuring Fidencio and Mezcales de Leyenda.
- TarTare Bar featuring Creekstone Farms and David Katz.
- A cheese bar with DiBruno Bros. featuring Rogue Creamery and La Brea Bakery.
- Swine & Sweets signature ice cream social before awards, presented by James Beard award-winning Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams.
The event will be held on May 25th from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Le Méridien Philadelphia (1421 Arch Street). Tickets are $125 for general admission and $200 for VIP (VIP tickets receive early admission and premium access to limited experiences, wines and spirits).
Cochon 555 Philadelphia Tickets [Official]