High Steaks at Square 1682
Cheesteak Challenge: High Steaks. Try saying that one ten-times fast. The third annual Cheesesteak Challenge Showdown is going down on Sunday, October 14th, at Square 1682. From 2 to 5 p.m., come and taste the cheesesteak creations of some all-star chefs while benefitting local Philadelphia public schools through The Philadelphia Academies. For $25 you can scarf down what are sure to be some innovative cheesesteaks while supporting the future generation’s education.
So who will be vying to create that winning steak? This year’s line up includes:
- Chef Daniel Stern of R2L
- Chef Nick Farina of Verdad Restaurant & Tequila Bar
- Chef David Boyle of Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse
- Chef Wayne Whiteside of Aksum Mediterranean Kitchen
- Chef de Cusiine Natalie Maranski of Chifa
- Chef John Brandt-Lee of Avalon
- Chef Thomas Dunklin of B&O American Brasserie
- Chef John Hunt of Alpha American Tavern
- Chef de Cuisine Caitlin Mateo of Square 1682
- Executive Chef Guillermo Tellez of Red Owl Tavern
While a panel of expert judges will decide on the “Judges’ Choice” winner, you get an input too. Attendees can vote for their favorite steak and honor the chef with the “People’s Choice Award.”
So eat some steaks, support local schools, let your own expert opinion be heard and get cheesy.