13-Plate Dinner at Bar Ferdinand
Every Thursday Bar Ferdinand offers a special 13-plate feast for $35. For an additional $25, four wines are paired with each of the four multi-plate courses.
The menu changes weekly with innovative interpretations of Spanish fare and utilizes locally sourced ingredients and features plates that are often more adventurous than Ferdinand’s standard menu items.
Items from recent tastings include:
- Sea Urchin Flan baked in an egg shell cup
- Fabada with chorizo, merguez and morcilla sausages
- House-Made Fettucine with braised pork shoulder and black olives
- Local Rabbit braised in white wine with bacon and saffron
- House-Smoked Trout Sliders with horseradish crÃ¨me fraiche
- Goat Cheese Panna Cotta with fig compote
According to owner Owen Kamihira, “whenever possible, our veggies come from local gardens, including the Teens for Good garden, a non-profit garden that is tended and marketed by Philadelphia public high school students.”
Bar Ferdinand [Official Site]