Awesome News: SUP Yoga Now on the Lineup for Be Well Philly Boot Camp!
Guys, guys, guys: We have some VERY exciting news to share. You ready? We just made an awesome addition to our fitness lineup for Be Well Philly Boot Camp, our annual day of all things wellness for women, coming up June 4th at Drexel Recreation Center. Drumroll, please: The ladies from Aqua Vida — the same gals behind SUP Yoga at Spruce Street Harbor Park — will be hosting two indoor stand-up paddleboard yoga classes during this year’s Boot Camp. Eeeeeee!
Aqua Vida will be holding the 45-minute-long classes, one at 10 a.m. and one at 11 a.m., at Drexel’s indoor pool. And don’t worry: You don’t usually get wet, so there’s no need to wear a bathing suit. Those classes will be small, and you’ll sign up to snag a spot when you get to the event. So early birds get the worm!
And SUP Yoga isn’t the only awesome fitness class we have in store for you; throughout the day, we’ve got TONS of fitness fun lined up from studios all around the city. To give you a taste of what to expect:
• CorePower Yoga will start the day off with their killer Yoga Sculpt class at 10 a.m. That’s yoga plus weights. Crazy? Yes. Awesome? Also yes.
• Meanwhile, over in our outdoor fitness tent, Christina Stoltz from Northern Liberties’ Ploome will be leading Stripp’d: Cardio-Core Workout, a sultry (because yes, fitness can be sultry) workout that’s all about your abs.
• Local trainer (and fitness Instagrammer extraordinaire) Jayel Lewis will be teaching an hourlong Beyoncé Boot Camp — yes: a Beyoncé Boot Camp — in our outdoor fitness tent at 11 a.m. (See? Dreams do come true.)
• While Jayel kicks some ladies’ butts in the fitness tent, Lithe Method will be kicking some butts with their outdoor Lithe on the Lawn class.
• For all our hip-hop fans out there, at 12 p.m., Mariel Freeman of Three Queens Yoga will be putting on a hip-hop yoga class — complete with a DJ! DJ SYLO, who you might remember from our Be Well Philly Underground event at Three Queens Yoga, will be spinning the beats.
• And speaking of spinning, for all the Spin junkies out there, Juliet Sabella of The Wall Cycling Studio will leave you sweating oh so much after tackling many a hill — and some speedy flats! — in her Super Bass Spin class, complete with awesome music, of course.
Woo! I’m out of breath, but there is still SO much more: We have upward of 20 fitness classes going throughout the day. And that’s along with the speakers, the awesome chefs doing demos at the culinary stage, and the marketplace full of sweet vendors. Unlike years past, all of the classes at this year’s Be Well Philly Boot Camp, aside from SUP Yoga, are first-come, first-served. And as always, you can take as many as you can handle. You can see the full schedule here.
To get in on the action, snag your ticket here. And note: This event has sold out for the past two years, so you might want to hop to it!
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly — here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter