What’s Happening This Month at Dilworth Park
Dilworth Park is hosting free events all summer long every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Pass by the west side of City Hall and you may just see or hear something that sparks your attention. Here, a list of events taking place throughout the month.
Tuesdays: Pictures in the Park
Pull up a chair by the fountains. On Tuesday nights the park hosts outdoor screenings of the latest Hollywood blockbusters in front of City Hall. Nosh on refreshments provided by The Rosa Blanca Café while you sit back and enjoy a flick.
- June 16th: Night at the Museum-Secret of the Tomb: Ben Stiller stars in the final installment of the Night At The Museum trilogy. Security guard Larry Delay embarks on a dangerous journey to keep the museum’s magic alive.
- June 23rd: The Boxtrolls: A stop-motion animation comedy about a young boy named Egg who is raised by trash- collecting trolls. Egg is on a mission to save his friends from an evil pest exterminator.
- June 30th: Annie (2014): This musical comedy-drama is a modern adaptation of the 1977 Annie. The concept is similar: Annie is a young foster child living in Harlem who is eventually adopted by a wealthy New York mayoral candidate.
Wednesdays: Farmers Market
Philadelphia’s Farm to City program brings fresh produce directly to the park every Wednesday. From 11 am to 2 pm fruits and veggies are sold at discounted prices.
Wednesday Afternoons: XPN Welcomes Live @ Lunch Presented by PNC
After the farmer’s market closes up shop local musicians entertain the downtown crowd.
- June 17th: Cole Redding: This young musician’s Philly roots inspire his unique style of old soul combined with contemporary pop.
- June 24th: Nathan Williams: Come and hear Williams play zydeco, the fast accordion-driven dance music that originated from South Louisiana. With some R&B influences, zydeco’s trademark sound comes from rubboard percussion and electric guitars.
Wednesday Eveningss: Center City Sips at Dilworth Park
The Rosa Blanca Café has joined a citywide tradition. From 5 to 7 pm, special deals of $3 beers, $4 wines, and $4 cocktails are offered every Wednesday night. Enjoy your beverage while relaxing among the beautiful outdoor scenery and catching those XPN Welcomes Live tunes.
Thursdays: DJs & Drinks at Dilworth Park
Every Thursday night Dilworth Park hosts Philly DJs that gets those city feet moving. With drink specials provided by The Rosa Blanca Café, attendees can sip on a cold libation while they dance the night away around the fountain.
- June 18th: DJ Touchtone: Philly’s most famous blind DJ and On-Air personality for WRNB Oldschool 100.3. Thursday, June 18
- July 9th: Reggae with DJ Rahsaan Lucas: World music DJ and co-founder of Afrotaino Productions. Thursday, July 9
- July 23rd: Country with DJ E-Rock from 92.5 WXTU: He’s turned for A-list clientele and worked on the Las Vegas strip. Thursday, July 23
For a complete list of summer events taking place at Dilworth, click here.